CCAI welcomes applications from Michigan-based companies whose leaders can demonstrate high-growth opportunity and superior profit potential.
In investment opportunities, we value:
- Companies with demonstrated high-growth potential.
- Companies with superior profit potential.
- Michigan-based companies.
- Companies that offer a potentially disruptive product.
We do not consider investments in companies located primarily outside of Michigan or companies in service industries such as real estate, retail businesses, restaurants or other lifestyle enterprises.
Companies must be seeking an investment round size of at least $100,000 and must have a business plan that forecasts revenues of $5 million or greater within five years.
If a Michigan-based investment opportunity meets the CCAI focal areas of disruptive products, five additional criteria are used to screen and evaluate it.
- Sustainable competitive advantage, generally in the form of defensible intellectual property.
- Logical business plan that provides a well-reasoned five year road map including alignment of technological development, operational execution and marketing outreach to achieve revenue of $5 million or greater within five years.
- Possession of technical and entrepreneurial leadership necessary for business success.
- Distance from Lansing. An Angel investor exit strategy within five to ten years.